Friday, June 17, 2011

Singapore Work Holiday Visa

If you are soon-to-be or have just graduated and you would like to have work experience in Singapore, newly introduced Singapore Working Holiday Pass (WHP) is for you.

WHP is a working holiday visa is a travel permit which allows travellers to undertake employment in the country issuing the visa for the purpose of supplementing their travel funds.Most working holiday visas are offered under reciprocal agreements between certain countries, to encourage travel and cultural exchange between their citizens.[1]

Work Holiday Pass applicant must be a university undergraduates and graduates between 17 and 30 years old. Students who have gained admission to the university but have not commenced their studies may also apply. Not all universities are accepted though, applicant's  university must be in Australia, France, Germany

Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States. And not surprisingly, applicants must prove that they can financially support themselves while they stay in Singapore. They will be requested to prove that they have sufficient funds to travel to and from Singapore and can pay for normal living costs while in Singapore.

If you have all these criteria full filled, you can apply for the Work Holiday Pass to work in Singapore for up to six months.

You can have more information on this pass from Contact Singapore. The visa is issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and you can have more information from Work Holiday Programme page.

[1] - Work Holiday Visa


  1. Hi Buddy, I have read your blog, it is indeed very informative and useful. You have explained about study visa and holiday visa, but I was in need of advice for Singapore Employment Pass. Hope you could guide me in the right direction, I would be thankful.

    Peter Lee

  2. Hi Peter,

    Guide Me Singapore has a very detailed section on Singapore Employment Pass.